“My paintings represent my feelings about the place I have visited, or the emotion I have experienced”.
David R. Jones was born in St. Asaph, North Wales, and moved to England as a young adult, earning undergraduate honors degrees both in Mechanical Engineering and Economics from the University of Birmingham. He subsequently moved to Paris, France, where he was honored to have his first show of Indian ink and brush paintings on Canson paper. This Paris exhibition depicting “The Body as Architecture” was sponsored and curated by Dr. Caroline Boyle-Turner, the art historian, Gauguin scholar and founder/former director of the Pont-Aven School of Contemporary Art in France.
David earned graduate degrees in engineering from Northeastern University and worked in the field for more than thirty years. His love for creating unique paintings finally came full circle in 2007 when he met International award-winning artist, Sharon Morley, APS, who encouraged him to add color to his Indian ink works. David is a full-time artist and President of the Methuen based Arts Institute Group of the Merrimack Valley. He is a member of the Lowell Art Association/Whistler House Museum of Art and serves as a Board Member of Methuen Community Studios, where he has hosted a monthly show at MCS “Art in the Studio” since 2018. Since 2017 David has been represented by the Galerie Beaute Du Matin Calme, Paris 15, France, who have arranged exhibits of his work annually in Paris as well as in galleries in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Brussels and Cologne in 2018 and 2019. They will be hosting a show of his work in Seoul, in April 2021 and Tokyo in May 2021. He was awarded the Toile D’Or De L”Annee 2015 by the Federation Nationale de la Culture Francaise for his 40” x 30” oil on canvas “Ten Years Before” which was on show at the Grand Palais in Paris, France.
David’s work has been published in international art books including:
- Artblend Vol. 2 2014 Issue #4”, pages 46-47, www.artblend.com ISSN 2373-5279.
- “State Of The Art – Artist’s Book Volume II”, page 25, www.internationalartbook.com www.artvipgallery.com ISBN 978-989-98331-1-1.
- “Hidden Treasure Art Magazine Yearbook 2014/2”, page 138, www.ht-artmagazine.com ISBN 978-0-9928106-1-0.
- “International Contemporary Artists Vol VII”, page 177, ICA Publishing, New York, NY, ISBN 9786188000735.
- “International Kunst Heute 2015”, pages 120-121, IKH Publishing, ISBN 978-3-9816595-1-1.
- "The Art Book 2018, artblend, pages 102-103, ISSN 2373-5279.
- "The Art Book 2020, artblend, pages 70-71, ISSN 2373-5279.
The WHMA is excited to share with you a collection of David's work. If you are interested in purchasing any of these paintings, contact the Whistler House
For more information regarding participation